RAD READING – March

This month I read “Love and Olives” by Jenna Evans Welch. This story is about a teen girl named Liv. Liv’s mother wants her to go with her absent father to Greece. Her father claims that he needs her help with a project, and that she will have so much fun. He even called Liv by her old childhood nickname. Liv doesn’t know how to feel about her absent father suddenly trying to regain her trust, but at least she gets to go to Greece. Liv finds new possibilities, adventures, and even love.

I love this book because of the family drama. Liv has so much history with her father, and her father threw it all away to research for Atlantis- the lost city that Liv’s father cannot get rid of. I have read this book once, but it has definitely kept my heart beating in suspense! A couple of months ago, I read the first book of this series, and I will definitely read the last book!

“Olive,

Great news! I’m working on an exciting project, and I could really use your help here in Santorini, Indiana Olive. How does June 15th sound? I have already emailed your mother the plane ticket.

-Baba”

This is my favorite quote from this novel because it really brings the whole book together. It shows that Liv’s father is still in the past, acting like everything is okay, and the same as how it was when Liv was 7 years old. What her father doesn’t know is that Liv’s feelings about the past don’t match up with his.

My favorite character from this novel is definitely Liv’s mother, because she helped push Liv to reach the rest of the book. If it wasn’t for her, none of the stuff in the story would’ve happened!

“‘Liv, I know it’s very sudden, but I think it’s a good idea.’”

This quote shows that Liv’s mother is my favorite character because she knows deep in her heart that Liv needs this opportunity to change her life and mind forever.

One thought on “RAD READING – March